International Student Admissions: NVC is accepting applications for the 2023-2024 academic year. International student applications are due May 1, 2023. Please Email: email@example.com
International students at Napa Valley College make a valuable contribution to campus life by enriching the cultural, social, and academic experience of the local students and the community.
Steps for Admission
- Complete an International Student Admission Application.
- Students must complete the equivalent of high school with better than average grades.
- Demonstrate adequate financial resources to complete their education without outside employment.
- Official copies of transcripts from all secondary schools and colleges you have attended. These transcripts must be in English and correspond to the American Grading System. *
- A financial statement or tax documents showing that you or your sponsor has the financial resources to pay your tuition and related expenses while you attend Napa Valley College. For an explanation on expenses and average monthly budgeting, please click on this link to learn more.
- A transfer notification form if you are transferring from another United States School.
- International students should apply to the college:
- For fall semester admission all materials should be submitted by May 1.
- For spring semester admission all materials should be submitted by October 1.
International Student Fee InformationInternational students must pay non-resident tuition, in addition to enrollment fees, and are required to have health and accident insurance. There is no financial aid available for international students. More information on fees can be found on our Registration web page. For an explanation on expenses and standard student budgets, please click on this link for International Student Fees College to learn more.
There is no financial aid available for international students.
English Proficiency for International Students
- Your classes will be conducted in English, so you must demonstrate English Proficiency when you apply for admissions. If your native language is not English, you must complete the ESL placement process.
- International students are provided with an orientation to the college and with academic and personal counseling. Additional information regarding admission may be obtained by contacting the Admissions and Records Office, Napa Valley College, 2277 Napa-Vallejo Highway, Napa, California 94558 or by e-mailing ANRMail@napavalley.edu. International Student office hours are by appointment only (closed Fridays in summer) Please email in advance for available meeting times.
* Note: Foreign transcripts must be evaluated by an international evaluating service. Please see the links below for providers of international transcript evaluation.